Monday 26 October 2015

Working in retail


























The other day I was at work thinking about what my next blog post could be when a customer said something that I hear everyday and it gave the idea to write about problems working in retail. I have been in retail for just over a year so I feel like I have seen and heard it all. Don't worry its not as bad as it sounds. But I thought I would share with you some of my experiences.

  • When you're working in the fitting room and its the end of your shift and the day and there are still customers in there chatting away and all you want to do is shut the fitting rooms and go home.
  • When a label won't scan at the till and a customer says "it must be free then" and you laugh like you've never that one before.
  • When your the shortest one there and you get put on the till furthest away from the queue 
  • When a customer puts the clothes on the hangers but they are all inside out.
  • When a lady tells you it is quite hot in the store and you tell them your cold and they say it must be because they going through the menopause. TMI!! I understand everyone goes through it but I didn't need to know.
  • When you've only got a couple of minutes left of your shift and a customer comes to your till with baskets full of things.
This was a different kind of post for me to write but I hope you enjoyed my little rant and I am sure there are more things that I haven't mentioned. If you have any you'd like to share I'd love to read them in the comments.

Ruth x  

No comments:

Post a Comment